Best formula milk for baby 0-6 months
As parents, we are constantly worried about our child’s health and development, and we don’t want our child to face any stoppage of growth due to malnutrition. Although breast milk is the best source of nutrition for an infant, sometimes the mother can’t produce sufficient milk or it might not be possible to provide breast milk. That’s when the best infant milk formula comes in handy.
It’s a replacement but a supplement. Whether it’s your first child or not, we will guide you in choosing the best powder milk in India for your kid. The market is full of a variety of baby milk powder for newborn babies; leave your worry to us, as we will help you to choose the one for your little one.
In the beginning, you will have to perform some trial and error with various brands to see which is the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months.
The formula comes in three varieties – Ready to use, liquid and powder. Also, you may have heard about a different type of milk, soy, cow, hydrolyzed, and lactose-free. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of each.
Powder: The most common baby formula milk powder and widely available in the powder formula, it is easy to carry and use. They are the least expensive and don’t expire soon, they have a long life. To use this formula, you just need to mix water and make sure you mix it well such that there are no lumps formed. It is super easy, just follow the instructions.
Liquid Concentrate: The formula requires you to mix equal portions of water and the formula. It’s not cheaper than powder yet cheaper than ready-to-use.
Ready-to-use: The benefit of this formula is that anyone can use it, just open the bottle, and it’s ready to serve. It doesn’t require any mixing or measuring, it is very convenient.
You may use it when traveling where there may be chances that clean water might not be available or suitable. It is costlier and also lasts shorter than the above two formulas. Milk is a widely consumed product and we have been drinking milk for at least 6000 years. Milk provides vitamins and minerals such as protein, calcium, Vitamin D, potassium.
Milk and its products such as cheese, yogurt, butter, etc are consumed by all age groups. Milk can come from a variety of species such as cow, camel, goat, human, elephant, or buffalo. The main ingredient of milk is lactose, which is sugar. The sugar gets broken into simpler sugar (glucose and galactose) by an enzyme called lactose.
Every living being needs glucose which is broken to produce the energy required for the body’s metabolic activities. Since the baby cannot eat, and just can swallow its primary food or fuel for the energy is milk.
Types of Formula milk for newborn baby
Based Milk Now let me guide you through various types of best infant milk formula; we will go one by one, and in detail.
- Cow’s milk-based: Studies have shown that human milk is closer to cow’s milk that the reason we switch to cow’s milk in adulthood. It is nutrient-rich and has cow’s milk as its main ingredient.
Manufacturers tweak the protein and make it suitable for babies. So far this is the most preferable milk-based formula that is preferred in India.
2. Soy-Based formula: The protein comes from soybeans plant, usually it is lactose-free. It is preferable for infants that are intolerant to cow’s milk or lactose-based milk. Also, if you want to exclude mammalian protein then this is a good option for you. This formula usually comes in the powered or liquid-based formula.
3. Protein Hydrolysate formulas: In this type of formula, the protein contains in cow’s milk or soy milk is broken down into a simpler, easy to digest, formula. Some infants are allergic to protein; extensive hydrolysate formula is recommended for them.
Specialized Formula: For infants that are born prematurely, and those with specific medical conditions.
Pros and cons of using a milk-based formula versus breastfeeding.
Scientists, doctors, Food and Drug Association, Medical Association, and many more organizations across the globe recommend that an infant should be breastfed at least for 6-12 months. It can be continued later if the child and mother are willing.
Strengths Immune System: There are “N” numbers of benefits, such as a mother’s milk will provide protection over infections, allergies, and chronic diseases. Ear infection, meningitis, respiratory infections, diarrhea, asthma, diabetes, obesity, sudden infant death syndrome, are some infections and allergies against which breastfeeding can provide immunity. In short, it strengthens a child’s immune system.
In case if you baby is more than 6 month then you might need to change his /her formula milk which is specially designed for 6-12 month baby check out our this post to choose best formula milk for baby 6-12 month.
- Doesn’t cost any dime: A mother’s milk is cost-free, it doesn’t cost anything, and it is accessible at any time. You don’t have to run for supplies and wait in a long queue while your child is crying in hunger.
- Nutrition and ease of digestion: Breast milk is easily digested by new-born and has all the nutritional value in the right proportion that is required by the baby. One exception of breast milk is that it doesn’t contain vitamin D. As per FDA, vitamin D should be given to infants for two months after giving birth and continue till a year. Although the factories can produce milk that is tailored for your child yet, it can’t beat something natural.
- Intelligent and Smarter Babies: Studies conducted to show babies consuming breast milk are smarter and have higher IQ than the ones who consumed formula based.
- Bonding: The best way for a mother to bond with her child. We often have heard that a mother can understand what her baby is feeling. She is more connected with the baby than the father, because of breastfeeding.
- Convenience: Formula milk is more convenient for others who find breastfeeding a bit awkward. Formula based milk can be prepared and fed by anyone in the house, even when the mother is not around.
- Cautionary eating: A mother has to take many things into consideration while eating or drinking. Since when you breastfeed your baby, doctors recommend you that not to drink alcohol and prefer eating healthy food such that the baby gets nutrients via milk.
- Frequency of feedings: Since a formula based milk is less digestible, the baby will take time to digest and will drink less as compared to breast milk. Lack of producing milk: Sometimes a mother can’t produce enough milk for its baby, then it’s a good option to combine formula based milk but after establish breastfeeding for at least 6 months, best of two worlds.
Whatever you choose, make sure your baby should be well fed and get proper nutrients for its growth and development. At this point, you must be clear about what is good for your baby. Now, since we have covered many aspects, we shall now guide you towards points that need to be considered while buying the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months.
Points to consider before buying formula based milk:
• Check the expiry date of the product. Never forget to check the expiry date no matter if the brand is reliable.
• Check if the product is damaged or torn or leaks. Products are placed in airtight containers, if the product is damaged there are chances that the formula may already be damaged. Don’t buy it if the product is damaged.
• Sterilizing the bottle before use. To sterilize the bottle such that harmful germs are killed in the process. You don’t want to get your baby sick.
• Follow the instructions to prepare formula based milk. The back of the container has instructions to prepare. Make sure you prepare the right quantity for your baby.
• Shake well before use: Before feed your baby shakes the bottle such that the milk is smooth and doesn’t clog the bottle nipple.
• Use sterilized water. When preparing the formula based milk, you have to use sterilized water, such that there are no harmful germs in water as well. As infants have lower immunity and can get sick easily.
Top 10 Best formula milk for baby 0-6 months old in 2020
|Images||Product Name||Buyer Rating||Where to Buy|
|Enfamil A+ Infant Formula||4.2|
|Nestle Lactogen 1 Infant Formula powder||4.9|
|Similac Pro Sensitive NON-GMO Infant Formula||3.9|
|Aptamil Stage 1||4|
|Nestle NAN PRO 1 Infant formula||4.9|
|Dexolac Special care infant formula||4.3|
|Enfagrow A+ Nutritional Milk Powder||4.5|
|Similac Advance Infant Formula||4.3|
|Nestle PRE Nan Low Birth Weight infant milk formula||4.5|
1. Enfamil A+ Infant Formula (Best formula milk for new born baby )
The highest-rated brand and widely trusted by many moms, Enfamil has been providing baby formulas and other baby feeding products for years. The Enfamil A+ infant formula is created by focusing on the baby and infant formula stage of development. The formula modeled best after break milk contains nutrients including nutrition of MFGM that boost cognitive development.
It has a higher content of DHA, Pantothenic acid, and other paramount minerals essential for your baby. It is recommended by pediatricians due to DHA and ARA included in it that is imperative for the baby’s brain development.
Baby’s are prone to colic which strokes irritation, bloating, hiccups, and digestive problems, thanks to probiotic and dietary fibers present in formulas that ensure smooth sailing for sensitive digestive tracts in Infants.
Overall, in our list, we consider the best formula milk for babies 0-6 months in India. Parents love the brand and formula due to developing solutions to common feeding issues in babies to ease gas, fussiness, and crying.
● Easy to digest
● Includes cow’s milk protein
● Includes lactose, not sucrose, which is a better alternative
● Include DHA and ARA that supports brain development
● Choline and Iron promote growth
2. Nestle Lactogen stage 1 infant formula stage (best formula milk for baby 0-6 months)
Nestle brand is considered a safe brand in matters of baby formula and suitable for infants. Many hospitals and doctors recommend using this nestle lactogen stage 1 instant formula from day one or as a supplement. The formula is perfectly designed to create a balance of nourishment as well as a taste for your newborn baby which makes it the best baby formula.
One of the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months in India, deducts the gap between formula milk and breast milk as it is enriched with various minerals, vitamins, whey, soybean oil, corn oil, and much more. The formula milk gives assurance of the baby getting nourished and promoted to healthy growth.The infant formula contains essential probiotics and milk proteins that support easy digestion.
● Based on cow’s milk proteins that are easier to digest.
● It contains minerals and vitamins necessary for infants.
3. Similac Pro Sensitive NON-GMO stage 1 infant formula stage (best infant formula milk in india)
The spray-dried best formula milk for babies in India for early-stage babies. It is specially designed with 2 FL human milk oligosaccharides which are an abundant component after lipids and lactose needed for babies. Consuming HMO decreases the risk of infection, viruses, or protozoa in babies’ bodies. HMO is usually found in breast milk that supports tolerance and age-appropriate growth.
Mothers who are unable to breastfeed babies or are going through any phase that prevents them from doing so, this formula is the primary substitute for mother milk. You can rely on the formula as it helps you go things smoother. The patented formula includes DHA, Lutein, Vitamin E, and many more minerals that support brain, eye, and cell development.
Some infants are born with lactose intolerance issues. The low lactose formula that is partially hydrolyzed breaks down protein particles for easy digestion.
● the hydrolyzed formula breaks down proteins and heightens baby digestion
● the lactose-free formula for babies suffering from lactose tolerance issues.
● Iron fortified to boost brain development
● DHA and ARA enhance healthy brain and eve development.
4. Aptamil baby milk Stage 1 (best baby milk powder in india)
Aptamil invested 40 years of research and produced best formula milk for infants in india . Aptamil understands the nutrition need of infants and caters formula rich in minerals and vitamins that promote healthy growth and better functionality of organs.
The Aptamil stage 1 infant formula includes DHA and ARA which enhances the level of red blood cells and neural tissues resulting in better neurodevelopmental outcomes. Infant age requires iron omega 3 fatty acids, folic acid, and much more for growth and development. To improve the immune system of infants, it contains a blend of GOS and FOS, selenium, zinc, Vitamin E, B carotene, and much more. All this could be attained with Aptamil Stage 1 formula. Therefore, it is one of the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months old in India.
Clinically tested, the formula reduces crying and fussiness in babies by eliminating the major culprit of building up gas. Feel safe about giving your infant formula with the best ingredients without any added preservatives it is suitable for infants.
● Reduces gas and fussiness
● Contains cow milk proteins that make easier for infants
● An economical choice, available in major stores
● Fortified formula with a high level of Iron and other minerals.
● Probiotics help in breakdown food easily
5. Nestle NAN PRO 1 Infant formula ( second best formula milk for baby 0-6 months in india)
When reviewing Nestle NAN PRO, it doesn’t come in a tin but rather in a carton packing. So once you open it, you have to quickly pour the content and store it in an airtight container.
As per pediatricians and experts, babies should rely on breastfeeding for the first six months; formula milk can be a substitute for breast milk. Nestle NAN Pro1 one of the best milk powder for newborns that contains milk solids, demineralized whey, corn oil, minerals, antioxidants, DHA, ARA, high oleic sunflower oil, L carnitine, and some more ingredients.
There is a good proportion of calcium, phosphorous, chloride, copper, zinc, sodium potassium, iron, iodine, and much more. Nan Pro 1 is Enriched with vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, vitamin B12 that are vital in the first year of baby life.
Check out the Difference between nestle lactogen vs Nan pro in case you are considering to buy this product
Overall, it is easy to digest, enriched with a nutritional value that promotes child growth and brain development in a budget-friendly option.
● Contains zinc to add weight and height
● Contains vitamin D, C, and A for strong bones and teeth
6. Farex (stage 1 infant formula)
If you are looking for the best milk powder for baby in India that includes all the required nutrients and aids him in developing his brain and body, then this formula is to go for. Farex has been in the country since ages, it is the most trusted and most popular formula for babies.
With essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that boost the immune system and promote brain and eye development. The partially skimmed milk is enriched with demineralized whey and whey solids, soya lecithin, minerals, and vitamins. Whey protein infant formula contains lower protein content that resembles breast milk and supports healthy growth.
Nucleotides rich formula plays an immunomodulatory role in the early age of infants. It comprises elements like zinc, Omega 3 fatty acids that are perfect for development in the immune system, bone growth, digestion. 100% lactose probiotic formulas help keep your baby healthy and safe from colics and other stomach issues.
● Zinc and nucleotides support brain development
● Lactose based formula to support probiotics to keep the baby tummy happy
● Cup included for measuring to feed your baby.
● Ideal for gaining weight
● Relieves kids for upset stomachs
7. Dexolac Special care infant formula (Best formula milk for premature baby /Infant)
Premature infants need special care and extra nutrients which help them in growth. Dexolac is a company that is dedicated to providing quality products that are closely formulated after breast milk as possible. The milk fat with added B Palmitate enhances energy intake in infants and helps in better absorption of calcium.
Get Dexolac special care infant formula which is rich in DHA, and Omega 3 fatty acids. DHA and ARA improve cognitive ability, strengthen the health system, better for heart, and crucial for eye health. Comprised of nutrients like lactose, carbohydrate, Vitamin K, Folic acid, Sodium, and Vitamin B12, it fulfills all the nutrients values a baby needs.
It contains 60% of milk protein and 40% of whey protein that makes it easy to digest for premature infant babies.
● Spray-dried formula
● Better absorption of calcium that improves strong bones and teeth
● Supports brain development
● Increases immune system
● The fortified iron-rich formula prevents anemia.
Enfagrow A+ Nutritional milk powder is scientifically formulated with a blend of DHA, Dietary fiber, Prebiotics, vitamins, and minerals which overall boost mental and physical development.
Though breast milk includes the most vital components fortunately Enfagrow contains the same richness and nutrients close to breastmilk. It is the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months in India with several vitamins including A, B, C, D, and subsidiary nutrients like Omega 3 fatty acid that supports best body development support.
Designed with a breakthrough formula that comprises MFMG and higher DHA content that scientifically promotes the emotional, mental, and physical development of a child by boosting brain cells to connect faster.
Milk formula can simulate but does not match the goal as breastfeed, we suggest you to continue to breastfeed and include Enfagrow in their supplement too.
9. Similac Advance Infant Formula (best formula milk for newborn baby in india)
Similac is well known for making generic formulas that are sold in groceries and pharmaceutical chains. Similac formulas have most opted throughout the world for kid’s nutritional intake. Similac advance infant formula is suitable for newborn babies until 6 months old. This best baby formula formula is specially crafted considering the baby’s delicate tummy.
Supplemented with Omega 3 helps in brain development and improves body functionality with six fatty acids including RHA and ARA. The formula consists of iron, taurine, iodine, folic acid, zinc, and chlorine, which are supportive elements in kids’ brain development.
Vitamin D and phosphorus-rich formula support kid’s bone development. Whether you baby a colicky baby or suffer from sensitive issues, this option is designed to support baby development of the brain and eyes.
The packaging comes with a spoon that is easy to scoop out with one hand.
● Include core ingredients of vitamins and minerals.
● Vegetarian option
● Doesn’t have any strong odor or taste
● Easy to scoop out packing
● Reduces gas and fussiness
10. Nestle PRE Nan Low Birth Weight infant milk formula (second based best formula milk for premature baby)
Most of the traditional formula complies with the list and meets the goal of requirements a baby needs. But if your pediatrician recommends you a gentler formula for your low birth infant or premature baby, then Nestle Pre Nan formula is considered as the best infant formula milk with solid particles of cow milk and skimmed milk powder.
Cow’s milk-based formula maintains the right balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat. Cow milk-based proteins are easily digestible and do not fuss the baby’s stomach. The premium formula of Nestle brand is carefully crafted with a blend of vitamin K, Vitamin D, calcium, folic acid, Choline, and much more. Prebiotics supports a tender digestion system and strengthens immune function as well as DHA.
Premature babies are prone to anemia, lack of calcium, infections, and much more. A mother needs to choose a formula that is full of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to promote normal growth and development. The formula also includes lutein that is best for eye health.
● Formulated to meet the demands of premature babies born weighing less than 2.5 kgs.
● Includes vitamins, maltodextrins guards health, and aids in the development of the baby.
● Nucleotides boost the immune system
● Include LC-PUFAS that are advantageous in prenatal growth.
F.A.Q for Best formula milk for baby 0-6 months in india
which formula milk is best in india?
Why are DHA and ARA essential in baby growth?
Which are gentle and sensitive formulas?
Some babies get gassy as their bodies are not able to break the protein and it hurts their tummy. For those babies, Gentle formulas are effective to reduce fussiness, bloating, and gas issues.
How do you know if the formula doesn’t suit your baby?
How to know if I need to increase the baby’s formula?
The prominent instinct of every parent is to do anything to protect a child and provide them with the best things in life. Selecting the best formula milk for baby 0-6 months might be a super weighty decision, the formula has key ingredients your child needs for his daily requirements.
Most of the formulas in the market claim to provide nutrition close to breast milk but they are not up to mark as breastfeeding. The difference in the composition of formula powder is marginal. You need to consider price, preferences as per the baby’s digestive system and nutritional value. For further queries, get in touch with your pediatrician.