Best Baby powder in India
Sometimes, you might have doubts about what power you should use on your baby. There are many reasons why you should always use the best baby powders. It is mostly because they prevent diaper rashes, excessive moisture, and skin irritation. Powders keep your baby fresh, dry and absorb sweat. Factors like chemicals, bad odor, safety, and baby skin, etc. matter a lot in this case. We understand that being a new parent, it isn’t easy to decide since there are so many market products.
Therefore here is the list of the best baby powder brands. So, hurry up and check the details below for your choice!
List of best Baby powder in India 2021
|Image||Baby Powder||User Rating||Check Price|
|Himalaya Baby Powder||4.4|
|Softens Baby Powder||4.3|
|Chicco Talcum Powder||4.5|
|Mama Earth Dusting Powder||4.1|
|Johnson’s Baby Powder.||4.4|
|Sebamed Baby powder||4.5|
|Forest Essential Dasapushpadi Baby Body Powder||4.6|
|Mee Mee Baby Powder||4.4|
Review of Best baby powder in India
1.Himalaya Baby Powder – (400 grams)
Himalaya baby powder is right now used as the best powder for babies in India. It is one of the most trusted, affordable, and one of India’s most reputed brands. They have a mellow scented fragrance, which doesn’t cause any hypersensitive reactions such as allergies. This product is rich in almond and olive oil. These act as healing agents for many infections and diseases. Almond oil helps in enhancing bone development since it has vitamin A. It also helps in fighting skin infection and contamination.
Himalaya baby powder is enriched with Khus-Khus, which contains cooling extracts. The Yashada Bhasma present inside keeps the skin moisture-free and provides a smooth surface. This product will cause no body odor, and your baby will be comfortable.
- Hypo-Allergic and best for babies with susceptible skin.
- Provides smoothness and freshness to the skin.
- Clinically approved for itchy, dermatitis, sweaty, and rough skin types.
This is undoubtedly the best baby powder for the newborn in terms of value-added. The Softens Baby powder provides soft and soothing skin for the baby. A decent aspect concerning this powder is that it has fewer synthetic substances, which, as a result, reduces dryness and rough irritation patches of the skin. It mostly contains natural ingredients such as olive oil, clove leaf, and patchouli oil. Therefore this gives a refreshing scent and is advised to use after bath.
- Keeps your baby smelling fresh.
- Keeps skin clean and dry.
- Hypoallergenic and prevents rashes; hence the skin is not damaged.
- Tested on various international levels.
The Chicco Baby Powder is very comfortable for babies, especially with allergy issues. It comes with a mild fragrance, soft texture and is clinically tested for skin irritation. It consists of rice starch. This enables the skin to obstruct the pores and inhale naturally. In this product, no toxic substances like colors, parabens, or chemicals are used.
Moreover, the powder ingests excessive moisture leaving the skin without rashes. This provides a fresh and velvety feeling to the baby. Do not keep the powder near the baby’s eyes and nose.
- It enables the baby to have a fresh feeling.
- It makes the baby skin softer than before.
- Clinically verified in case of skin irritation problems.
- Does not cause any such allergic reactions.
- The right product for babies with rash issues.
Out of all the best baby powder brands, Mama Earth is one of the handfuls that provides few talc-free baby powders. Its founders are parents themselves and hence they know what would be best for the baby. Their products are the result of continuous, dedicated, and hardworking research. Thus they are also clinically tested and safe for newborns.
The powder absorbs an excessive amount of sweat. As a result, rashes and itchiness are reduced, especially when the baby is in a diaper. The lotion nature is due to the presence of lavender oil, which keeps the baby fresh. Mama Earth gives a wonderful fragrance that keeps the baby in a good mood.
- The ingredients include anti-microbial properties, which are very much helpful in the case of sensitive skin.
- This is a safe therapeutic powder with zinc oxide as a critical ingredient, which minimizes rashes.
- Keeps the skin smooth and dry by forming a protective layer.
- It makes the baby feel relaxed.
Unlike adult powders, Johnson’s baby powder is specially designed for the protection of the baby’s skin from excess moisture loss. It makes the skin soft and smooth. It also eliminates friction hence preventing rashes and redness. With a spotless, exemplary aroma, this unimaginably delicate infant powder recipe stirs and animates the senses causing your infant to feel fresh and letting your infant play joyfully with everybody.
- Prevents rashes, especially for babies with sensitive skin.
- It is clinically evaluated for skin irritation, allergic reactions, and sunlight efficacy.
- It is safe, mild, and effective for use on the skin and hair of the baby.
- This brand makes products with quality ingredients such as talc, citric acid, etc. Hence they value natural beauty.
Sebamed Baby powder ranks on the list as it is one of the best baby talcum powders, according to a recent survey. The German brand is a world-famous company. They have a pH value of around 5.5; hence they are safe for the skin. It keeps the baby’s skin dry and soft. It has significantly fewer chemicals, and it contains olive oil. This helps in reducing skin dryness and skin irritation. You can use this on your baby once it turns one month old.
- Sebamed is likewise the best powder for a baby for avoiding skin irritation issues and rashes since it contains olive oil and allantoin.
- It provides a botanical smell, i.e., a mild and soothing fragrance that prevents allergies.
- It does not damage the baby’s health at all.
This is also one of the best powders for newborn babies, in accordance with softness. It contains Kokum Butter, which makes it simpler to be applied to the child’s skin. It consists of no synthetic components. Instead, it has natural ingredients such as natural corn starch, which makes the skin delicate, and it contains arrowroot powder, which is lightweight. When applied to the skin, it gives a soft, dry, and smooth feel. This product is reasonable for infants with delicate skin since it has no toxic or chemical substances.
Moreover, according to parents who use this product, it is worth the price. It prevents rashes and provides smooth skin for the baby.
- It is made with age-old Ayurvedic formulation with the expertise of ayurvedic scholars.
- All pure organic based oils made from fruits and seeds are used.
- Completely safe and natural since it is a talc-free baby powder.
- Keeps the baby fresh and dry.
- It should be used after a bath.
- Provides a light fragrance.
Mee’s baby powder is delicate on the infant’s skin and does not cause any aggravation. The powder contains a clinically tried substance and can be utilized on infants just as a year old. It causes the child to feel fresh, particularly after a diaper change or a shower. This product should be applied in a gentle manner, which helps the baby feel good and relaxed.
Besides, this is the best baby powder for summer since it makes them sleep well and longer. It also limits perspiration and rashes. It does not cause any side effects after usage. Some products might cause a little redness on the skin.
- It is specially made for baby skin- to keep dry, smooth, and fresh.
- It can be used after bath and diaper change.
- Sprinkle some of it on your palm and apply on the baby.
- Extremely light products hence can be used for freshening up also.
- Works in case of temperature changes so that your baby doesn’t feel uncomfortable.
Buying Guide: How to choose the best baby powder?
Below details is as to why and how you should choose a particular newborn baby powder.
1.Know details about the product.
Always check the container first. The item should not contain colors or synthetics, such as parabens and phthalates, which may aggravate the infant’s sensitive skin. You should always buy hypo-allergic products so that your baby doesn’t get adverse side effects on the skin. Additionally, the pediatric can also give you a few experiences on synthetic compounds that should be abstained from relying upon the infant’s condition.
2. Different types of baby powders.
There are three types of baby powders. All these are classified based on ingredients.
- Generic or talc baby powder: It contains talcum. Even though it is safe for the skin, it is not advisable to use it since it contains asbestos, which is harmful to the skin.
- Natural or Non-talc baby powder: As talcum is not safe, many parents prefer non-talc products. It has natural ingredients; hence these are not at all harmful for the baby’s sensitive skin.
- Organic Baby powder: Many people go for organic baby products since they contain 100% organic components. Sometimes when natural products are excessively processed, they lose their benefits.
3. Types of ingredients used to make baby powders.
There are many ingredients used to make baby powders. Some of them are:
- Talc: Generic baby powder has talc as its main ingredient. It keeps the skin moisture-free in summer and prevents diaper rash.
- Corn Starch: It contains large particles, which makes it excellent for babies.
- Arrowroot Powder: Safe for baby’s skin. Keeps the skin moisture free and doesn’t cause any irritation problems.
- Khus-Khus grass Provides smoothness to the skin.
- Olive/Almond Oil: Prevents the skin from becoming dry.
- Argan Oil: Provides Vitamin E to the skin. It is perfect for the skin.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Qs) on Baby powder
- When to use baby powder in the case of newborns?
In the case of newborns, some might face respiratory problems. Therefore it is better to stall for a week or two.
- How to use baby powder on a baby?
Take a little powder on your palm. Rub both the palms. Then apply on the baby's skin- neck and underarms.
- Which is the best organic baby powder?
Any hypo-allergic powder with corn starch and talc-free is suitable for use.
- What is the bad ingredient in baby powder?
Usually, asbestos in talcum powder is bad for babies. Also, you should check for artificial dyes or parabens.
- Which powder is best for the baby?
All the products mentioned above are excellent in terms of safety, side effects, price point, and doctor's recommendation. Now it depends on your choice.
- Which is the best baby powder for the face of the baby?
All the products are suitable for the skin, be it face or arms, or legs. Just prevent the powder from getting into the baby's eyes. Otherwise, there is no such thing as the best babyface powder.
- Does Himalaya baby powder contain talc?
No. It is not talc-free. But it is safe since it is herbal.
Thus to conclude, always remember to prefer the baby’s long-term needs first. Confirm with doctors before using any product because they will be the best to suggest for your babies as many products might contain harmful chemicals. However, it should not matter how best baby talcum powder is, as it is not preferable to use any product with talc powder. Always choose the best for the delicate skin you love the most!